April 21, 2010

Hey, Hot Shot!


Have A Nice Day, 85th St., Hollis, Queens, 2008

I have been shooting Queens for almost three years now and since my most recent project is finally at a stage where I feel comfortable showing it to people and more tightly edited than it was in the past - I decided it was time try to make it a little more visible. While there are signs it is getting better, the current economy sometimes dissuades me from submitting work to competitions - that and the fact that I don't exactly have a lot of cash anyway, to spend on this sort of thing. However, since I really like what they are doing over there at Jen Bekman Gallery with 20x200 and other means of helping emerging photographers reach more people, I chose to enter this round of Hey, Hot Shot! And much to my surprise, there was a nice little write up of my work on their blog today!

Take a look at their post here

No comments: