February 1, 2010


© Bryan Lear


© Carl Wooley


Amherst, Massachusetts, Thanksgiving, 2008

I found the first two images while meandering around the Internet. I do not know either of the two photographers, but their work definitely deserves a look. I love that the images are all basically of the same thing, yet different, and it's interesting that each of us saw something compelling in what is otherwise just a generic grass island. The last image is a rough scan from a side project I have been working on rather slowly. Only time will tell where it will go.

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful series. Carl Wooley was one of one my studenst at the ICP and his night scenes are mesmerising and hynoptic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get my spelling straight first thing in the morning before I drink enough coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, his work is beautiful...I am glad I found it. And, no worries...I probably wouldn't even be able to type at all before the morning coffee!

    ReplyDelete