September 29, 2009

Ryan Monaghan


photo © Ryan Monaghan

Tonight was the Hey Hot Shot! Confab and Print Trade, which was held at White Rabbit on the Lower East Side. I just yesterday found out about the event and thought it was a pretty cool idea so I decided to see what print I could offer up. However, after a long day and being a bit tired I wasn't all that sure I wanted to make my way over there and spend the night in a severely crowded bar...and crowded it was. In the end I did make it to event and it paid off - I lucked out and now own a print of the photograph shown above by Ryan Monaghan...and to top it off it is an 11x14 c-print, when nearly all prints were 8x10! The image is from a series in which Ryan explores hunting culture. I first remember seeing his work on the HHS! blog and thought it was pretty interesting...I never would have guessed that a few months later I would be able to revisit it.

You can see more of Ryan's work on his website.

2 comments:

  1. It was good to see you the other night, however briefly. I was really happy to discover your blog. Also glad to see you went home with a cool print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tema! Now if only I was a writer...ha.

    Good to see you as well!

    ReplyDelete